Sunday, October 31, 2010

Cocktail Time!

This is my mother.  Isn't she classy?  And pretty?  And  ultra cool?


She visited me last weekend.  After the kiddos went to bed, we set up cocktail time.  I love cocktail time.  It's a nice respite to look forward to at the end of the day. 


My husband and I love this cocktail.  The original recipe is called a White Lady.  We've modified it a bit to make it a longer drink.  It tastes fresh and sweet, but not too sweet.  Watch out, though, they go down smooth, but are a lot stronger than they taste.  One is enough.


We also had some sweet potato fries.  This brand is super tasty! 




White Lady

2 shots gin
1 shot triple sec
1 shot lemon juice
tonic
ice

Rim a glass with sugar.  Mix the liquor and lemon juice in the glass.  Add ice and top with tonic, then stir gently.

2 comments:

  1. My favorite!! Miss you, can't wait to enjoy one of these again. Excellent point on "one is enough" ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geez! Thanks, Aub! I can attest that they were great.

    ReplyDelete