Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Krabby Patties


Part of our 4th of July vacation included a trip to see my in-laws.  What a fun bunch they are!  Between slip n slides, strawberry daquiries, late night card games and lots of laughing, we always have a great time when we're there.  How lucky am I to have fantastic in-laws?!?!?!  Not only do I love Brad's parents, but his sisters and their families are hilarious and loving as well.  Thank you God for this...and no, I'm not sucking up to them in this post.

During our trip, my darling 5 year old niece, Madalyn (pictured above), took a break from fun in the sun with her mother to make us all some Krabby Patties.  Her version includes Club crackers, a bread and butter pickle, a slice of colby cheese and a folded salami slice.  She was so particluar about the placement of the ingredients and made sure everything was just so before she'd hand it off to be sampled.  My heart swelled and swear I must have had to wipe away a tear or two.  She's a girl after my own heart perhaps.  Lord knows I love that little girl!

The best part is that her little Krabby Patties...her little offering to her family, were actually quite tasty.  Bravo, my sweet Maddie!


Looks like it's time to re-do her nails again. 




Though sun burned, mosquito bitten and exhausted, my boys came home from the trip with smiles, memories and some radical new slip n slide moves.

Three cheers for family!  And three cheers for Maddie's new recipe!



No comments:

Post a Comment