Saturday, November 13, 2010

Pickles-The Verdict


Sorry I haven't posted for a while.  I've been on a fabulous vacation to New Orleans with my handsome fella.




Some of you may recall one of my first posts about canning Misti's Pickles.  Well, today was the unvieling...or opening, whatever you want to call it. 


I had a bit of a bummer day.  Maybe it was the dog eating the living room carpet while I was gone, maybe it was the gray day that looked like dusk all day, or maybe it was just the blues...sometimes they happen.  Whatever the reason, I decided I needed a pick me up.  The pickles weren't due to be opened until Thanksgiving, but I called my mom and opened a jar with her on the phone to cheer me up.



At first, they were super tangy, then a little spicy.  I really like them!  The onions are extra tangy and spicy.  I like how each bite tastes different.  I think it depended on where they were in the jar.  The ones on the top were different than the ones on the bottom, were different from the ones that were pickling next to garlic. 

Here's my six year old's review.  'At first they're kind of fluffy and not so good, but then they're spicy and super tasty.  Can I please have a bowl of them?'  I guess they turned out well, although, I'm not sure how 'fluffy' tastes. 

2 comments:

  1. Fluffy, thats awesome. I'm SOOO tempted to open one of mine early now! Glad you had a good trip, hope we can hang out soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kendra! You can always come try some of mine if you don't want to crack in to yours early. I've certainly got plenty to share! I'd love to hang out. Call me and we'll make a date.

    ReplyDelete