Thursday, June 2, 2011

Time Capsules

Did you ever do a time capsule in school? 

I remember doing one in Elementary School and opening it in Junior High.  The only thing I can specifically remember putting in there was a piece of dried, chewed up gum.  Lord knows why I did that.  The looks of disgust on the faces of my classmates is burned into my retinas. 

Often times I tried to be cool and most of the times I failed miserably.  I think I finally resolved my nerd issues during therapy in my late 20's. 

I'm sure none of you can relate. 


 Anyhow, our neighbor set up craft day for us and we assembled time capsules.  The boys sat with their friend and neighbor, Finn for at least an hour drawing pictures and deciding just what they wanted to include.



According to this next picture, Jacob likes to go to sleep...I beg to differ.


Also, I learned that they are, in fact, capable of agreeing on something.  They unanimously decided that Billy the Exterminator is their favorite show.  Interesting.


We decided we'd bury the capsules and open them again in 5 years. The plan is to then add to the capsules and re-bury them. We'll cross that bridge when we get to it and hopefully, my children are cool like their dad and wouldn't dream of including chewed up gum.

2 comments:

  1. Woo Hoo! Sounds like a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this idea! Boys are growing up so fast!!

    ReplyDelete