Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The Wedding


The day we'd all been waiting for finally arrived last Saturday.  Our friends, Delani and Christian, were married.  They'd asked me in December to make the cake for their special day and I've been nervous about it since then.  I've never made a stacked tiered cake not to mention worked with black filigree.  I cannot express my relief when I finished it and they were happy with it. 



The best part of the cake was that it was tasty too.  The sweetness of the frosting and fondant was balanced with the sour cream in the chocolate cake and the tartness of the raspberry cream.  Thank goodness the bride and groom allowed the wedding party to have a piece first!




Delani has incredible, classic taste.  The whole day was absolutely lovely.  From the bride's gorgeous hair and gown to the heartfelt vows to the hilarious dancing at the reception.  We all sighed a deep breath of happiness when our dear friends walked off together hand in hand and man and wife. 











3 comments:

  1. beautiful wedding. beautiful cake. and you look very pretty as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good work friend! What a gorgeous day! My sister tied the knot the same day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did an amazing job on that cake!!!! Way to go! Delani looks absolutely beautiful. And you look beautiful, too. :)

    ReplyDelete