Saturday, April 16, 2011

Climbing Trees

My boys discovered the glory of tree climbing last week.  The cluster of juniper trees on my mother and step-father's property have a gentle incline and are perfect for little guys to learn to climb on.  I'm pretty sure those trees are all my seven year old thought about the entire two days we were there.  The best part of it all was the smell.  Both the boys and the dog smelled like juniper trees for days.

You may be wondering how they smelled like juniper trees for days if I were a proper mother and bathed my children regularly. 

I'll leave you to draw your own conclusions. 

All I know is that I kept grabbing them for a hug just to sniff their hair.  To me, they smelled just like little boys should...like trees and dirt and adventure. 




5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lot of fun. Perhaps your boys will teach Finn the finer points of tree climbing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure they'll have him up in those trees in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Total cuteness! I wish we had more trees here in the big city.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your comments and for reading my blog, Dayngr!
    Aubrey

    ReplyDelete
  5. How long we've waited for the boys to be old enough to enjoy those trees. And Finn is the next one...once he can hold his head up by himself!

    ReplyDelete