Thursday, September 1, 2011

The Best Peanut Butter Cookies Ever!

Though I like to bake, I usually end up giving most of our sweets away.  These cookies, however, are keepers through and through.

I begged my sister in law, Kylene, for them on three different occasions and finally broke down this past week to make a batch myself. 

In the spirit of the cliche...'make fresh homemade cookies for your children when they come home after school'...make these for your babies today!  Or for your neighbors, husbands, wives, friends bosses...whatever.  In fact, just put some in your pockets and walk around...you'll make some new friends, guaranteed.

You'll be loved wherever you go, trust me.  I've made plenty of peanut butter cookies in my lifetime.  You may ask, 'what's so special about these ones?'  I don't know...but I do know I've fallen in love (sorry Brad).  I can honestly say that I've never had a consistent craving for any kind of sweet before.  These cookies, however, have made me change my ways. 

Don't fool yourself...you know you want to make these.  Unless your allergic to peanuts, it which case...please refrain.  I'm pretty sure this blog isn't insured. 


Peanut Butter Cookies
Gwyneth Paltrow
My Father's Daughter

1 3/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon fine salt
8 tablespoons (one stick) unsalted butter,
    at room temperature
3/4 cup smooth peanut butter,
    at room temperature
1/2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1 organic large egg, at room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup peanut butter chips (I actually prefer them without these chips)
1/4 cup granulated sugar (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Whisk together the dry ingredients in a medium bowl.  In a large bowl, cream together the butter, peanut butter, and brown sugars.  Stir in the egg and vanilla.  Add the flour in thirds and stir until smooth.  Fold in the peanut butter chips.  Roll the mixture into golf ball-sized balls (about 1 1/2 tablespoons).  At this point you can roll them in granulated sugar or you can press each cookie down with the tines of a fork.  Either way, bake for 10 minutes, in a nonstick baking pan, rotating the pan halfway through baking time.  Cool the cookies on a rack before serving.


3 comments:

  1. Oooohhh...I love peanut butter cookies! I will try this recipe for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay...I think we need a family throw-down because I've tasted your sis-in-law's peanut butter cookies and quite frankly, I think I reached Peanut Butter Cookie Nirvana when I ate Katie's. I officially throw down the challenge and will graciously and selfishly serve as a judge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I love pb cookies! Sean doesn't- so the more I get to eat! Oh, and the kids, I guess!
    Becca

    ReplyDelete